We do appreciate the time you took to come to our beloved community. We hope you have found what you were looking for and hope you gain just a little more insight into the journey you are undertaking, We encourage you to join us. For a limited time, we are offering open invitations to the community, to receive yours, you need but to simply ask for one. Get to know us, let us get to know you.

Click here to request your invitation code bring your uniqueness, distinct presence, and experience to our little community. Help us grow through your knowledge. Your journey is uniquely yours but can help others in the same situation.

Brian Klein Brian Klein

Welcome to Humanastory. A community created with one goal in mind - Human Companionship.

Our core belief is a simple one; everyone has a story, everyone is the story. Your experiences in life define who you are and what choices you will make.

What if you could share what you have learned from the experience with someone just beginning that same journey. What would you say to them?

We are the story of humanity, one person at a time.

Brian Klein Brian Klein

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Care of indoor orchid plants is easy once you learn how to grow them properly. These interesting flowers can be found in a range of colors and sizes depending on the variety. They make excellent accent plantings to nearly any home décor. Orchids require little care once all their basic needs are met such as light, temperature, and humidity. --- Miscellaneous Information --- Indoor Orchid Care - How Do I Take Care Of An Orchid Flower? WWW.GARDENINGKNOWHOW.COM Orchids are some of the most commonly grown houseplants. With proper growing conditions, it isn?t difficult to take care of orchid plants. Read...
  3. Last week
  4. Psoriasis is more than just a skin condition. The red, scaly patches on your skin can make you feel embarrassed, anxious, and depressed. And the same processes in your body that form plaques also can change the levels of brain chemicals that affect your mood. --- Miscellaneous Information --- How Are Psoriasis and Depression Linked? WWW.WEBMD.COM Psoriasis is more than just a skin disease. WebMD explains how it can affect your mood and what you can do if you feel down.
  5. Alzheimer's disease is a progressive disorder that causes brain cells to waste away (degenerate) and die. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia — a continuous decline in thinking, behavioral and social skills that disrupts a person's ability to function independently. --- Miscellaneous Information --- Alzheimer's disease - Symptoms and causes WWW.MAYOCLINIC.ORG
  6. Dementia describes a group of symptoms affecting memory, thinking and social abilities severely enough to interfere with your daily life. It isn't a specific disease, but several different diseases may cause dementia. --- Miscellaneous Information --- Dementia - Symptoms and causes WWW.MAYOCLINIC.ORG
  7. Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep. You may still feel tired when you wake up. Insomnia can sap not only your energy level and mood but also your health, work performance and quality of life. ---Miscellaneous Information --- Insomnia - Symptoms and causes WWW.MAYOCLINIC.ORG
  8. Earlier
  9. It is a beautiful day today. Spring has been here awhile and now the heated rays of sunshine are coming through. Getting hot enough to put on the air conditioner and relax in the house. Allergies are starting to fade away as all the white flurries of Spring dwindle. As the time passes and I start to get older I am appreciating the life outdoors and just my surroundings in general. I am making more time to really get to know those that are important to me and just enjoy life. Perhaps it is living in a 55 and over park, but I am beginning to see everyone around me have health issues and it is opening my eyes. Life is too short to have worries or stress. It is time to take care of myself and those I care about so that the time we have together can last a bit longer. There is so much to fill the senses in this life. Now I know why the saying is so true to stop and smell the flowers.
  10. Even though I am the owner of this awesome club I honestly do not have much of a green thumb! But I want to try and change that. We have a beautiful mum that is right in front of our house. I have forgotten to water it and not give it the proper sweet talkin' that it deserves and it starts to look a bit sad. But then I give it a bit of water and it is up and reaching out to the sun again! Mums seems to be one of those un-killable plants! Thank goodness. Anyone know of any other plants/flowers that are great starters for someone that wants to train their green thumb? My next mission... keeping our orchids alive.
  11. Sometimes a run-of-the-mill upper respiratory tract infection takes a turn for the worse and is no longer just a common cold. You cough, you wheeze, you have shortness of breath. You say you have a chest cold, but your doctor calls it acute bronchitis, also known as a lower respiratory tract infection. It sounds scary, but usually isn’t very serious, and most of the time you won’t need antibiotics because the majority of cases result from a viral infection, like a cold or flu. --- Miscellaneous Information --- 13 Home Remedies for Bronchitis That Might Finally Ease Your Cough WWW.HEALTH.COM Ease your coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath with these expert-recommended acute bronchitis remedies.
  12. Inflammation and a buildup of mucus in the chest can cause unpleasant symptoms like wheezing, sleep difficulties, and a sore throat. Congestion is also often accompanied by a cough that brings up phlegm. Some mucus in the chest is normal, and having excess mucus from occasionally is usually not a cause for concern. However, if a person regularly has an uncomfortable amount of chest congestion, or if it is accompanied by other symptoms, they should see a doctor. --- Miscellaneous Information --- How to get rid of mucus in the chest: 8 natural home remedies WWW.MEDICALNEWSTODAY.COM Mucus in the chest can cause discomfort and symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, sleep difficulties, and a sore throat. We describe simple, natural...
  13. The pang of loneliness is far higher than even the gloomiest of previous estimates, according to a new study from UC San Diego researchers. Three-fourths of Americans experience moderate to high levels of loneliness, said the study, published Tuesday in International Psychogeriatrics. Previous studies found loneliness rates of 17 to 57 percent. Men and women were equally affected. --- Miscellaneous Information --- 3 out of 4 Americans are lonely, UCSD study says WWW.SANDIEGOUNIONTRIBUNE.COM Three-fourths of Americans experience moderate to high levels of loneliness, according to a new study from UC San Diego. But wisdom...
  14. This is an interesting thought process and one I would love to understand and study, all the more. I know it sounds morbid, but I've often said to people, cancer was a blessing to me; don't get me wrong I do get some pretty weird looks when I state this, but in a way it does shape you to your core and snap you into, or in some cases, out of, a mindset you once had. I know it is not the easiest thing in the world to swallow, one's own mortality, but man does it put into perspective the ailment we call life. I am often reminded of an old saying, "If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask." I know it is not easy to go through what you are going through, I try to keep a mindset that, this was worth something if, for nothing else, I met you. I have to agree with you here, I myself have never been a rich individual either (financially wise). It has been my experience that most rich individuals (I mean the truly rich ones too) tend to give it all up and make themselves comfortable living a life of solitude in some small house or apartment. Well, I should say, the wise ones. You, good sir, keep us informed as to the progress. These get read by many and most definitely read by me.
  15. Workout fads come and go, but virtually no other exercise program is as enduring as yoga. It's been around for more than 5,000 years. Yoga does more than burn calories and tone muscles. It's a total mind-body workout that combines strengthening and stretching poses with deep breathing and meditation or relaxation. There are more than 100 different forms of yoga. Some are fast-paced and intense. Others are gentle and relaxing. --- Miscellaneous Information --- Yoga: Benefits, Intensity Level, and More WWW.WEBMD.COM Yoga does more than burn calories and tone muscles. It's a total mind-body workout that combines strengthening and stretching poses with deep...
  16. Isolation and loneliness are serious problems for older adults. They become less mobile, their friends and relatives die, hearing loss and other physical limitations make it harder to communicate with others, and seniors are often reluctant to even try to make new friends. Young people, they say, are not interested, and, as for other older people, why bother, they will die soon anyway. How To Reduce Loneliness In Old Age WWW.FORBES.COM Loneliness is an epidemic among seniors. What can we do about it?
  17. Loneliness is a universal human emotion that is both complex and unique to each individual. Because it has no single common cause, the prevention and treatment of this potentially damaging state of mind can vary dramatically. For example, a lonely child who struggles to make friends at his school has different needs than a lonely old man whose wife has recently died. In order to understand loneliness, it's important to take a closer look at exactly what we mean by the term "lonely," as well as the various causes, health consequences, symptoms, and potential treatments for loneliness. --- Miscellaneous Information --- The Health Consequences of Loneliness WWW.VERYWELLMIND.COM Loneliness is a universal yet complex human emotion. Learn more about the causes, health effects, and tips to prevent loneliness.
  18. Our Mission: To prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
  19. There's a lot you can do to prevent or delay nerve damage. And, if you already have diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage), these steps can prevent or delay further damage and may lessen your symptoms. --- Miscellaneous Information --- Steps to Prevent or Delay Nerve Damage: American Diabetes Association® WWW.DIABETES.ORG Take these steps to prevent or delay nerve damage.
  20. When you have psoriasis, it's important to follow the advice of your doctor. Still, you can do a lot on your own to help control and prevent flare-ups. --- Miscellaneous Information --- 10 Tips to Prevent Psoriasis Flare-Ups & Keep It From Spreading WWW.WEBMD.COM WebMD offers 10 tips for preventing psoriasis flare-ups.
  21. About APA APA is the leading scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States, with more than 118,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members. Our Work Our mission is to promote the advancement, communication, and application of psychological science and knowledge to benefit society and improve lives. We do this by: Utilizing psychology to make a positive impact on critical societal issues. Elevating the public’s understanding of, regard for, and use of psychology. Preparing the discipline and profession of psychology for the future. Strengthening APA’s standing as an authoritative voice for psychology.
  22. In its most common form, we experience loneliness as a state that waxes and wanes. Perhaps we find ourselves in a new town after a job promotion, missing old friends. Perhaps we feel a brief pang when a moment reminds us of a loved one who is no longer with us. Yet, loneliness can also be a stable trait, as measured for instance in one study over a one-year period (Russell, 1996). Interventions aimed at reducing feelings of loneliness have been carried out for decades, and narrative reviews supported the view that several types of interventions have been successful, such as those aimed at improving social skills, changing social cognition, improving social support or increasing the opportunity for social contact (see Masi, Chen, Hawkley & Cacioppo, 2011). A meta-analysis confirmed that such interventions can be effective in reducing loneliness, particularly in studies based on single-group pre-post comparisons or on nonrandomized group comparisons (Masi et al., 2011). However, these designs are methodologically less rigorous than randomized group comparison studies, for which the effect was found to be statistically significant, yet too small to reduce loneliness to the level of healthy community-living adults. --- Miscellaneous Information --- How loneliness can make you sick WWW.APA.ORG Loneliness can cause depression, has been shown to predict cognitive decline and can lead to other illnesses and disorders that are...
  23. Our Mission A better you starts with Smarter Health. The food and nutrition you provide your body affects the way you feel every day of your life. We understand this. That's why our mission is to be your go-to source for nootropics, mental health, and nutrition information. Let our medical experts help you look and feel your best in your daily pursuits. Highest Commitment to Quality Our website provides the most current, accurate, and evidence-based research available in the health and nutrition industry. Our team maintains the highest standards of medical integrity, citing only clinical studies from the industry's most trusted sources. These sources include PubMed, Wiley Online Library, BMC, ScienceDirect, Taylor & Francis Online, PNAS, RSC Publishing, and various other publications. Each article on our website has been thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional with intimate knowledge in the area of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Natural Medicine.
  24. Adderall. It’s a word that will either make you cringe or make you smile, depending on who you ask. The drug’s intended to be used as a prescription medication to treat ADHD (Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) and narcolepsy. Now, it’s become increasingly popular for its off-label use as a study aid and a quick fix for motivation problems. --- Miscellaneous Information --- 12 Best Adderall Alternatives: Natural Over the Counter ADHD Substitutes WWW.COGNITUNE.COM 12 best research-backed and time-tested natural Adderall alternatives. Achieve peak focus and clarity without the harsh side effects of Adderall.
  25. I been asking myself that question since i started the Chemo. I don't know who i'm asking, but it starts a verification in my mind going over all the things i've said and done to people through out my life. I feel like i understand people better, the way they act, what they say what they do and how they are going to feel when i say or do something with them. I understand why i did things wrong when i knew it wasn't right. Am i done yet? have i learned what i was supposed to learn ? I feel i have and its like i'm just waiting to die now. Does things just go dark? or do we float out our bodies and meet with someone thats going to explain to us why we had to go through all this crap. I was never rich, I have never met a truely happy rich person. I've had an apartment, a truck, my own business for years, i've lived in a tent for two years. I have always felt the same feelings... good at times... bad at times....always more interested in why other people do what they do. I found faults in people ( in my opinion ) and always thought.... why aren't they like me ?. Did i judge people and find things i didn't like, to make me feel better about myself? I am finally at a point nearing the end of my life, that it's not about what people think of me, and it's not about what i find wrong with other people. It's about Me learning how to get through this all. Why wasn't i told all this when i was a young kid ? and then i could have started with a better understanding how to live this life? maybe i was told but i chose not to listen to my parents because i always thought i knew or i would figure it out myself. I get 4-5 blood tests a month now, and they moved my MRI's to once a month instead of 6 months, and i will be starting my 3rd round of Chemo very soon. Why are the doctors trying to save me ? and why am i allowing this? I feel like i'm just laying here in bed daily doing nothing but waiting to die. I'm not really depressed ( in my opinion ) I just feel like i'm done! there's really left to study that will benefit me in the future. I'm just keeping myself busy so i don't go stir-crazy. I would never kill myself, that's just bailing out of this life because it's too hard to deal with. Ok i have delt with it, liked some things, disliked some things, learned alot of stuff. Am i done yet ?
  26. Survivor’s guilt is something that people experience when they’ve survived a life-threatening situation and others might not have. It is commonly seen among Holocaust survivors, war veterans, lung-transplant recipients, airplane-crash survivors, and those who have lived through natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires, tornadoes, and floods. --- Miscellaneous Information --- What Everybody Should Know About Survivor's Guilt WWW.PSYCHOLOGYTODAY.COM Have you ever felt bad when you survived a situation that others have not? Chances are you are experiencing survivor's guilt. Read here to find out...
  27. Founded out of Bree’s story of struggle and growth, Only Human exists because humans need one another. We provide a platform to help humans all over the world share their story, come together in solidarity and community, and do good. We are an inclusive organization that works to spread kindness, lift one another up, and inspire one another to be better. As we’ve traveled the country, we’ve realized that what most humans have in common is the struggle, and that’s perfectly okay. We provide a safe space to own that struggle and overcome it with the help of others.
  28. I fully agree with you Kristina, what happend to Love your neighbor and respect one another ? Did opinions become more important then friendship? Are people just so involved in their personal lives that other people just don't matter as much ? Family should matter more then anything as it always has. They come first....Iv'e lost my mother,father,two grampas,two grandmas,two half brothers in a 5 year period. i have two sisters that hate eachother, I only talk to one a few times a year. My family was never that close, so it's normal for me to not really feel love or closeness to anyone, but i like to be a joker and make other people i talk to, Laugh. Sometimes i see really old black n white movies where a family lives on a farm or something, and that life must have been really special. Jay
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Guidelines, and Privacy Policy. You undersand that We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..