We do apreciate the time you took to come to our beloved community. For a limited time, we are offering open invitations to the community. To receive yours, you need but to simply ask for one. Get to know us, let us get to know you.

Click here. to request your invitation code.

Brian Klein Brian Klein

Welcome to Humanastory. A community created with one goal in mind - Human Companionship.

Our core belief is a simple one; everyone has a story, everyone is the story. Your experiences in life define who you are and what choices you will make.

What if you could share what you have learned from the experience with someone just beginning that same journey. What would you say to them?

We are the story of humanity, one person at a time.

Brian Klein Brian Klein
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Klein

How To Handle Loneliness

While loneliness manifests differently for each one of us, it is a universal experience. We all go through periods of loneliness. Even “successful,” “popular” and “active” people have bouts of loneliness. Why? Existential loneliness is part of being human. It is the general sense of feeling isolated and disconnected in a large universe. It’s the feeling that asks: “does anyone care about me?” Even the most extroverted among us go home alone at the end of the day. And just because loneliness is a universal experience doesn’t make it any less daunting. Feeling all alone is one of the most difficult experiences a person can have.

--- Miscellaneous Information ---

reykjavik-9.png
WWW.MEANINGFULLIFE.COM

When loneliness has already got you down, here is how to muster up the strength to transcend it.

• Like (+1) 1

Most of my life I've felt lonely,  I just never fit in with the people I grew up with. My ideas of fun was playing with wires and electronics. It hurts alot when people don't except you and I kind of got used to it. Every once in awhile I would find someone with semi common ideas but it wouldn't last as far as friendships.

What I ended up doing is finding something I like about another person and learning it, then moving on looking for things i liked in other people. Never had a real friend but i was building myself up from the good things i found in other people. 

I still feel a bit lonely at times, but i use that alone time to learn things that i enjoy.  You really dont need other people around you all the time and you dont need to always wonder what people think of you. That can really damage your mind set feeling your being judged by others.  Judge yourself on how much you've learned and understand that everyone is going through the same learning process as you.

16 hours ago, Jay Demello said:

Most of my life I've felt lonely,  I just never fit in with the people I grew up with.

I too feel this way, I honestly believe it is due, largely in part, from the sickness in my early years of development, I do not make friends easy myself. to be honest, it isn't from the lack of trying by any means. Lord knows, I try. Reading your thoughts as you type them out, as we get to know you @Jay Demello, helps greatly in understanding where you come from. There is just to much to say on this one topic to be honest. In time.

What I ended up doing is finding something I like about another person and learning it, then moving on looking for things i liked in other people.

I do this very same thing as well, however I also add in a tinge of 'trying to understand myself' through learning about others. I've always felt 'one is never to old to grow'.

I still feel a bit lonely at times, but i use that alone time to learn things that i enjoy.

I must admit here, I too, feel this way; I have often wondered if we would ever be able to shake the feeling that chronically plagues, what I would like to think is, everyone. Jay I must say, you sir are an interesting fellow; we are all glad you are here.

Thank you, it really does make me feel better actually hearing that someone has gone through what I've had. I've heard people talk about other people with cancer/depression/ diabetes and other illnesses and I just though 'wow that sux' but hearing the story directly from someone , really makes me feel for them much more. It even surpasses doctors telling you what to do. Learning from other people's experiences and how they deal with it gives you more knowledge and ideas that can help you/me.

Thanx so much for opening up to me !

9 minutes ago, Jay Demello said:

Thank you

Don't stress my friend, we will talk more, I am curious about you. Just know you're not alone :).