We do appreciate the time you took to come to our beloved community. We hope you have found what you were looking for and hope you gain just a little more insight into the journey you are undertaking, We encourage you to join us. For a limited time, we are offering open invitations to the community, to receive yours, you need but to simply ask for one. Get to know us, let us get to know you.

Click here to request your invitation code bring your uniqueness, distinct presence, and experience to our little community. Help us grow through your knowledge. Your journey is uniquely yours but can help others in the same situation.

Brian Klein Brian Klein

Welcome to Humanastory. A community created with one goal in mind - Human Companionship.

Our core belief is a simple one; everyone has a story, everyone is the story. Your experiences in life define who you are and what choices you will make.

What if you could share what you have learned from the experience with someone just beginning that same journey. What would you say to them?

We are the story of humanity, one person at a time.

Brian Klein Brian Klein
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Klein

E088: Time of Reflection

Video  

A question of honesty.  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Could you have tried harder?

• Yes (Explain)
    • No (Explain)

[ This show: HAS NOT BEGUN. ]

• You can still post your thoughts on the particular subject we set up.
  • Comments made after the show might still be read on the next current show, as we review daily.
  • Comments made during the show will be read on air.

Coffee With Humanastory

Hosts: Brian Klein / Co-Hosts: Kristina Klein, Marilyn Sly
Runtime: 00:00 00:00 MIN

SP Guest: None

"Coffee with Humanastory!", is the official Humanastory Live shows involving a no scripted conversation and interaction with our humanastorians.

Theme of the day:

• Time of Reflection

You can download the full audio: Here.

Please Note: Hosts and Co-Hosts may use this main thread to answer this shows official questions. If you have some information to provide and want it done so, live; present your information below.

Editorial Notes:

Happy Thoughts! Live, Love, Laugh (A Lot)

Today's Show

• Minutes From Last Show
  • Today I Learned
  • War Room
  • Story Submission One
  • Tidbits of Information
  • Image of The Day
  • Story Submission Two
  • Question of the Day
  • Final Thoughts

Minutes From Last Show:

Who doesn't like show recaps? I mean, come on! Minutes from our last show is the segment of our show where we reflect on what was said during any of our previous episodes and shows from, but not limited to; Coffee With Humanastory, Open Conversations, and Reading With Humanastory. Ideally to weigh in on what we forgot to say previously.

• CWH Episode ## | Show Link

New Members This Month:

• None

Jokes:

• Kristina Klein | I had stayed up all night wondering where the sun had gone; then it dawned on me!
  • Brian Klein | Why did Sherlock Holmes go to the Mexican Restaurant? To look for a new case idea!

Today I Learned:

Something learned daily, what more is there to say! "Today I Learned" is the segment of our show were we learn something new! The day you close your eyes and shut out the world from your curiosity, is the day that you've chosen to close your self from the greatest gift of life; Learning.

War Room:

The war-room is the segment of our show where you can take the side of a debate that you otherwise, would normally side against, to test strength in your own beliefs - remember above all else, this is to be a relaxed and enjoyable segment that expands the mind. As always, constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people. with that said - to the victor goes the spoils. In simple terms; Simply think of the side of the debate you would normally be on - then chose the opposite side! Defending your own beliefs is easy, defending the beliefs of another point of view is where the challenge is! 

Comment Read:

• Dave Cobbledick | Community | https://community.humanastory.com/topic/709-why-old-friends-matter/
  • On 9/20/2018 at 4:58 AM, Dave Cobbledick said:

Both my 'real' friends are now dead and one other who I have lost touch with and have no idea where he is now, or even if he is still alive.  The first of my 'real' friends (I emphasise 'real' because a lot of people profess to be your friend, but really you are just a convenience for them) I went to school with, so we literally grew up together.  When we left school the friendship remained and as we did not live far from each other, we saw a lot of each other.  In fact we started our first band together, but finding bandmates was a very difficult task because of conflicting musical tastes (we liked rock music). However, we grew apart when he got married and took on new responsibilities.  My other 'real' friend was my drinking buddy and we painted the town red on more than one occasion.  Sadly his work took him hundreds of miles from where I lived and he died, alone, in his caravan; that really shook the earth from under my feet.

My other good friend was a very wise man and he taught me a lot about life through his sayings and tales.  We shared good wine and music every Monday evening and therein are some tales to tell.  But he divorced and move away to goodness knows where, and as I mentioned at the start I have no idea if he is still alive.

This topic also reminds me of a song (below) I happened across a little while ago and took me back through memory lane of those great times that we shared. They may be gone from this earth, but they remain in my memories and in my heart.  So, this may be an opportune time to remind everyone that good friends are a rarity and should be nurtured and kept close to your heart - forget the so-called rainy day friends, they will come and go as they please, but the 'real' ones will always stay no matter what.  Enjoy the song and go down memory lane:

• Comments are taken from across the website and any of our social media outlets

Humanastory Tantalizing Tidbits of Information: (Tweet us yours @humanastory)

• Our Tidbits of Information Facts List

Image of the Day:

Interesting Find (Our Random Mystery Link)

• Random link we like goes here.

Submitted Stories:

1. None; This is our first reflection of 2018. 

Question of the day:

• Could you have tried harder?

Thanks and Credits:

• Michael John
  • Doug Clevinger

Miscellaneous Source Links:

We're 100% Funded by listeners like you consider pledging or contributing a one time contribution:

• Support Humanastory, keep us strong by clicking here

There are so many things that I could have tried harder at in my lifetime, far too many to list.  Hindsight is a great teacher, but it can also be a real pain in the ass at times.  I was listening to some sentimental Christmas songs the other day and I let my thoughts drift to times gone by; within a matter of minutes I could feel the wetness on my face from tears that just appeared from nowhere.

We all do the best we can from day-to-day, but it's when we look back at those times that we ask ourselves "could I have done better?", "could I have tried harder?".  Invariably the answer to both questions is yes, however, perhaps I did the best that I could 'at that time'.  With age often comes wisdom and it can bite like snake when it hits home.

All we can ever hope to do is to try the best we can in that moment, but we often repent at leisure and perhaps that's a good thing too as it grounds us and makes (or should make) us more appreciative of what we have around us now and for what we have lost in the past.

Live and learn.

look.png

11 hours ago, Dave Cobbledick said:

Hindsight is a great teacher, but it can also be a real pain in the ass at times.

See this is why we love you!

I was listening to some sentimental Christmas songs the other day and I let my thoughts drift to times gone by; within a matter of minutes I could feel the wetness on my face from tears that just appeared from nowhere.

Interesting, It would be curious to know what thoughts you were thinking during this time?

All we can ever hope to do is to try the best we can in that moment

I am curious if everyone thinks this way, seeing the state of affairs our world is in these days, I question if people, indeed do, feel this way; don't get me wrong, I know there are the exceptions like us, but I must point out, we are your rare exceptions. A curious thought comes to mind; Do even the worst of people say the highlighted phrase, be it that this requires self examination (which I feel some people lack); I bet even they do (they just tend to ignore that small voice). I suppose I am answering my own question here. But, I digress, Do those who do bad think this way too? 

repent at leisure and perhaps that's a good thing too as it grounds us and makes (or should make) us more appreciative of what we have around us now and for what we have lost in the past.

I agree whole heartedly. Dave this is why you are just an awesome gentleman!

6 hours ago, Brian Klein said:

Interesting, It would be curious to know what thoughts you were thinking during this time?

Thinking of good times spent with the people I love (not loved, there is no past tense where love is concerned) who are no longer here, thinking of a youth that in many ways was wasted; thoughts of what might have been 'if only' - that tiny little word 'if' has tremendously powerful intent behind it.  I was thinking of my mum (that's UK for mom lol) and how we spent so much quality time together and how, perhaps, I could have done more for her.  The usual happy memories that are just that now, memories with no more to make with those amazing people who touched my heart,

It's a time like this, Christmas, that those memories come to the surface and they really pull on the emotions - I guess that's what makes us human.

;)

5 hours ago, Dave Cobbledick said:

Thinking of good times spent with the people I love (not loved, there is no past tense where love is concerned) who are no longer here, thinking of a youth that in many ways was wasted;

I don't know, I don't believe there are any wasted times, moreover, shared experiences. I believe experiences can be learned from no matter how small. 

thoughts of what might have been 'if only'

There in lies your issue; 'Only If' is the age old self-doubt. One cannot sit back and wonder 'If'.  Because the fact is, and I stress this, 'it wasn't'.

that tiny little word 'if' has tremendously powerful intent behind it.

I would argue it does, only IF you let it. (see what I did there). :P

6 hours ago, Dave Cobbledick said:

I was thinking of my mum (that's UK for mom lol) and how we spent so much quality time together and how, perhaps, I could have done more for her.

You know, I am where you were, this is very interesting, we take care of my mother now. It didn't hit me until just now.

The usual happy memories that are just that now, memories with no more to make with those amazing people who touched my heart,

The ride isn't over yet ol'chap! :56232b03e4049_bigbang:

It's a time like this, Christmas, that those memories come to the surface and they really pull on the emotions - I guess that's what makes us human.

Don't think I didn't see the wink at the end, trying to wrap up that little phrase with a 'HA, got ya!" no but seriously, I didn't realize it till just now, I am following in your footsteps taking care of my "MOM", sorry MUM was driving me insane (no not really, makes me chuckle).