Humanastory was built out of the need for human companionship, a togetherness that only comes from people helping people. We wanted to be able to tell our stories and share our experiences with everyone who needed them. By us telling our stories we are able to share that moment that forever changed who we are. But the idea is to not just tell our story, but share the journey in how we overcame that moment in our lives, allowing others to read and see the story and connect to the one sharing it.
Most people want to tell the horrid things, but fail to share the accomplishments. At Humanastory we are not those people; we are the strong, the winners, and the achievers. We believe that sharing our experience will help someone out there in the same situation, and allow them to connect with others that have already conquered their struggle. We give the resource within our stories to help those who otherwise would fall - the help to stand up and face what is in front of them without fear or doubt. We believe everyone has the ability to succeed in life.
If you are alive on this little rock hurling through that endless void we call space, you are a Humanastorian! How much of one, is up to you.
Our community consists of 4 shows:
- Coffee With Humanastory - Live morning shows involving the submitted stories by our humanastorians.
- Reading With Humanastory - We read a book that a member shared with us in hopes to learn something new.
- An Open Conversation - Live shows involving an honest and open conversation and interaction with the brave individuals who submitted their stories and other inspiring people from around the world.
- Humanastory Livestream - Unscripted live fun with our community, website, and members. We take calls and talk live to everyone in the community.
We are a community, a family and as such we also offer a small section dedicated to answering questions you might have. To us, one of the single most important events in life is being able to ask the questions that, in some cases, need answers.
- Members Helping Members - You've got questions. We've got answers!
If you are trying to get a better understanding of our Founders Brian and Kristina, check out these two sections.
- What Brian Thinks - Brian, our host and founder's, personal thoughts and what he experiences and sees in life, day to day.
- Kristina's Top Ten - Kristina, his wife and her wacky lists of top tens. We all need a little enjoyment.
And finally, the reason we do this, our Humanastorian story submissions! The basis of our entire community. Those who have gone through adversity in life and managed to overcome what ales them, only to share this event with all of us at Humanastory!
- Story Submissions - A collection of life events and stories, submitted by our members.
Take your time, peruse through the website, and see what we have to offer!
We are reminded daily why Humanastory is so important. The stories we receive come from mostly individuals passing on whom wanted to share their wisdom to someone else undergoing the same struggles they had in life. They seem sad, but potentially save others in sharing their journeys. These individuals deserve a the upmost respect and gratitude for helping make the world a more positive place, and doing it whilst they are no longer around to enjoy it (A selfless act indeed). It is these people and their stories that make the impact on the world and while it seems these people who have shared their journeys through life get nothing in return, they did something that could and can never be repaid. The Honored Forgotten; they will not be forgotten here. Meet our inspiration, Mark Ehmke (Lower left); learn more about him here .
(Picture 01) - Mark Francis Ehmke (Lower Left), David Bodkin M.D. (Lower Right), Brian Klein Humanastory Host (Top)
Having had stage 4 cancer not once, but twice by 18. Did 10 years of chemotherapy 6 hours a day 5 days a week, put 3 people in hospice and stood by their side being the sole person at their last moments, got married in hospice to my wife, for my brother, lost a best friend at 23 from cancer, and buried my brother 2 years ago to boot. We always had a running joke, the aliens were coming for him, when we found out he wasn't going to make it, he laughed and stated "They are here.". You have to find humor in the darkest of hours. If you (or anyone for that matter) ever wanna talk, I'm available.
Humanastory is a bi-product of my life's experience; I hope to connect people together through shared experiences.
Edited by Brian Klein